Cloning of a virtual machine is the easiest way around to get the copy of the same operating system environment which saves time and effort of another installation and configuration of the same.
- Choose the virtual machine that should be cloned.
- Right click on the VM and select “Clone”.
- Provide the “Name”, “Path” of where to clone the new machine.
- Select “Next”.
- Select Clone Type as default “Full Clone”.
- Select “Clone”.
- Cloning will progress.
- Your cloned virtual machine will be appeared on the list.
- You can change the settings of the cloned machine to suit your needs.
Note: If you need to clone a virtual machine to be used in another host computer then copy the Virtual Machine folder to the desired host machine by flash drive or over the network. Then from the VirtualBox Manager home select “Add”, go to the folder you just copied and select the Virtual Machine Definition(*.vbox) file.