For a newly purchased domain WordPress software needs to be installed at first hand to make the site up and running. In this tutorial we will see how to install WordPress on a new site.
If we have already purchased a new domain and hosted it under any hosting service provider then we already got the credentials to access the cPanel. Steps to install WordPress on a new site is below:
- First login to the cPanel by the provided credentials from hosted service provider
- Scroll down to the cPanel and find out the WordPress Link
- Clicking the WordPress Link will redirect to the WordPress installation page
- Click the “Install Now” link
- Choose Protocol that you desire from the listing
- Choose Domain from the listing where you want WordPress to be installed
- Provide Site Name (you could change it after installation)
- Provide Site Description (you could change it after installation)
- Provide Admin Username
- Provide Admin Password (must change the default one and maintain a good complexity)
- Provide Admin Email (give a valid and readily accessible one)
- Select Language of your choice
- Select Theme (leaving unselected will install default theme) of your choice by navigating to left & right (you could change it after installation)
- Click Install
- Depending on the load and bandwidth installation will take from seconds to minutes to took place successfully.
- Upon successful installation “the software was installation successfully” message will be shown with URL details
- An email will be sent to you by the service provider with the details of new WordPress installation.
- Post to your new site 🙂
For more alternatives and further reading go to here.